Wikipedia

Search results

Wednesday 10 April 2013

Presentation Time

 
 
This was one of those nervous moments which came and went. When you are done you are glad it is over.
 
The realisation is that it is one thing to set up the presentation and another thing to actually to do the presenting. It becomes a learning curve for the individual when peers provide comments on the presentation, be it good or bad. The criticism can only contribute to an improved presentation the next time round.
 
The topic of "Social media in libraries" was not too difficult to grasp in the essay but doing a presentation on it became another challenge. In setting up the presentation one is never sure if you are putting in sufficient information or if you are actually over doing it. The 5 minutes was also a bit of a challenge in trying to convey all the information.
 
Generally the first group done fairly well in presenting their topics and it was good to see the different approaches to the same topic.


2 comments:

  1. Presenting our topics within 5 mins was a challenge with the wealth of information available. When one looks at the various presentations, you often think 'I could've/should've done that' - it's all part of our learning experience - perhaps we'll do better next time. I'm hoping that it's not soon though - it's quite nerve wrecking, no matter how familiar you are with your classmates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took away a lot from both of you and not only the contents, but the way you both presented and delivered your topics. True, it's often more nerve wrecking to present to those nearer to you, like your colleagues or classmates, but then again just as bad if you don't know your audience. I once had to do a presentation for the CHEC committee members on Ask-A-Librarian and my manager told me beforehand that a lot depended on my presentation if they will buy into it. Wow, was that now encouraging... when it was my turn, I was in such a state and got red flushes up my neck! Needless to say, I had to pluck up a lot of courage for my next presentation, which went OK, but it took me a quite a while to get over tHAT day :)

      Delete